Drainage Engineers Courses
The OSPE Land Drainage Committee organizes technical courses to meet specific learning needs of drainage engineers. Typically a half-day, the annual course is scheduled the afternoon before the Drainage Engineers Conference.
Jump to Past Courses.
2018 Drainage Engineers Course – Guidance for Environmental Permissions
Thursday, October 25, 2018, 12:30 to 4 p.m. Guelph Holiday Inn
Lunch is NOT included – BYO lunch or purchase a lunch at the Holiday Inn. Registration details to follow.
- Welcome and Introductions
- Fisheries Act and Species at Risk Act
- Conservation Authorities Act & Regulations
- Endangered Species Act
- Royal Oak Drain – Huron Kinloss – Fisheries Act Authorization, Conservation Authorities Permit – Discussion
- Allen-Young Drain – Ashfield Colborne Wawanosh – Fisheries Act Letter of Advice, Endangered Species, Conservation Authority Permit – Discussion
Drainage Engineers Training Sessions
The training sessions will be offered on a regular basis.
Session 1 – The Drainage Act and the Role of the Engineer
Session 2 – Assessments, Allowances and Design
Tentative offering date: 2019
Session 3 – Acts, Miscellaneous Sections of the Act, Appraisals, Benefit Cost, etc.
Tentative offering date: 2020